Gift Bag Tutorial - Big Bear Hugs
Hello everyone! It’s PAM here today, and I’ve got a cute little gift bag tutorial to share with you all. For this project I used the super adorable bear from the Tiny Winter clear stamp set from C.C. Designs. So much cuteness!
Supplies Needed to construct the bag:
(2) 6x6 pieces of double sided paper
Strong double sided tape
Crop-A-dile or paper punch of your choice to punch holes for ribbon
- Before you score your paper make sure you remember or mark what is the top so that your pattern is all going the same direction. One piece is for the front (A) and one for the back (B).
- With outside paper facing up, score three sides at 1 ½”
- Turn paper over and score the remaining side at 1”
- Crease all of your score lines remembering to fold the top 1” score line toward the front of the bag. (As shown below)
- On sheet marked ‘A’ cut in from both side on the score line in 1 1/2” to the score line.
- On sheet marked ‘B’ cut out the two bottom squares. I cut at a slight angle on the center piece to reduce a little bulk when assembling.
Add ScorTape or your favorite strong two sided tape as shown below.
- Remove the backing from the tape on the bottom flap of side marked B.
- Turn both sides so the “inside print” is facing you, and adhere the center flap from side B on top of the center part of side A (as shown below)
- Remove the backing from the tape from both small side flaps on piece marked A and adhere to the inside of the sides of piece A as shown below.
- Remove the backing from the tape on the remaining flaps of piece B and adhere them to the INSIDE of the sides of piece A. By tucking them inside you will not see any raw edges from the front of your box which will be the side marked A. The small side flaps from piece A will become hidden if you assemble this way.
- Punch a hole in the center of each side of your bag.
- Run ribbon through each hole from the outside, tying it on the inside.
- I used 1/8 inch ScorTape to adhere a piece of white ribbon to the green flap, making sure the join was on the back side of the bag.
To decorate I colored the adorable little bear from the Tiny Winter Stamp Set with Copic markers and cut him out with the coordinating cut it out dies.
To finish my bag I cut out a circle of vellum, and the snowflake circle out of white and attached the two together with liquid glue. I adhered this to the bag with double sided foam tape. I attached the bear to the front of this with double sided foam tape. A sentiment and a little bling finished this cute little bag.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.